The Spastic Society of Northern Greece operates 3 Supported Living Homes for 24 people with multiple disabilities. The aim of Homes is to address the issue of living - housing for people with physical and intellectual disabilities, for life, in conditions of home environment, away from the standards of institutionalization.
Their function is tailored to the specific needs of tenants and aims at:
- The promotion of their autonomy
- Improving their social skills
- Encouraging participation in social activities taking place in the community
- Defending their civil and social rights.
To support these objectives and organize the daily operation of the Homes, a group of people is working daily, consisting of:
- A Manager – Coordinator
- A Psychologist
- A Social Worker
- Carertakers of People with Disabilities
- Social educators.
The basic (daytime) program for people living in Supported Living Homes include:
- Activities of daily living such as care, food, clothing, etc.
- Educational activities
- Social activities: excursions, camps, theater group, choir, etc.
- Therapeutic programs
- Visitations and reception of family, friends and volunteers.
All the afro mentioned services are supported and monitored, except for the staff, from the administration of the institution and the parents.